RCU Forums - View Single Post - Header Pipes and Tuned Pipes
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2020, 12:54 AM
flyonenow
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default West coast classic pattern

Originally Posted by Samwright
When Mac died, no one picked up his company or equipment. Hatori is off shore and mainly focuses on Helicopter pipes. I was fortunate to find a past US champ, Kevin Gribben who is a buddy and he had a stash of pipes. I have the pipe, but just need a side exhaust header for an OS65AX. Worst case I will have to make one. I heard if you freeze water in a tube it will bend easier, but haven't done that yet. If I fly Novice here, I have to run the stock OS Muffler. Once I move up in Classic Pattern I can go to retracts and tuned pipe. That activity is dwindling, but still a band of dedicated guys with neat old pattern planes.
Hi Sam,
Glad to see your planning on coming out. We really have only one rule, no modern 2m planes in Advanced, Expert or Masters. The entry level classes are just that, entry level. So fly whatever you have. Tuned pipes, retracts are great!
Obviously we call it Classic Pattern for a reason, so most everyone is flying more classic designs, especially in the higher classes. But the emphasis is on fun and having new people give basic pattern a try.
I will be CDing two of the contests. The first of which is May 2nd out at RRCC in Perris. And the 3rd at our home club OCMA.
As far as your header needs are concerned depending on whether you need a standard, long or extra long you are looking for MACS #2860, #2861 or # 2862 These fit both the 61 FX & SF as well as the 65 & 75 AX
I can check my stash to see if I have what you need, but what's it going in and do you need standard, long or extra long?

Paul