RCU Forums - View Single Post - T-One Models 2.7m F-22 build
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2020, 08:47 AM
FenderBean

Received 80 Likes on 53 Posts

A little update while I finish programming the radio, everything is in. I did have to add another V1 valve to actuate the lock valve on the gear. It still didn't work until I too the cylinders apart, cleaned and lubed them. It doesnt look look like the air cylinders are cleaned lubed prior to assembly, mine had small bits of paint chips and trash in them. Im mains feel like they need some lube as well so I plan to do that and even the bay door cylinders, they constantly stick in various ways.
I had to take out 10% of the weigh I had in the nose so thats cool at least. On last night weighing of the BB pack it .4 of a pound in the very tip of the nose, at 285 and nothing at 290mm
The original restrictor method may have worked if I knew the lock cylinder needed lube but now that its setup this way im just going to leave it.
Im pretty good with the Xicoy seq/failsafe but I go soo long between programming one I had to phone a friend to fix one issue so thats all working now.

I do have a question for the smart folks, my telemetry keeps connecting/disconnecting when the receiver is in the model but works normal once lift out. What kind of signal would cause disruption telemetry while receiver strength remains 100%? I do have a the PB GPS receiver below it for the Igyro and there is a bit of carbon fiber laid in the nose, any thoughts?