RCU Forums - View Single Post - Xicoy - LG15 Gyro Controlled Brakes
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2020, 10:07 AM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Tip22v
There is another option (that has not been mentioned here) that I've read about elsewhere: using the accelerometer function in Jeti radio to activate brakes. Instead of using a slider or up-stick mix you simply tilt the transmitter to activate the brakes. From what I understand it is proportional, but you would have to make sure you are not tilting the transmitter at touch down otherwise you may inadvertently land with the brakes pre-locked. I like the idea of this method more so than using a slider because the last thing I want to be doing right during one of the most intensive parts of the flight (touch down) is fumbling to find the slider to apply brakes. I understand this would not be an issue for those of you with runways long enough to have the time to transition to the slider for braking, however that is not the case for me as our runway if very short, so getting to the brakes quickly is imperative. I think I'll play around with this the next time I'm out at the field and at least try it out with some high speed taxi. - Tom
Let me know what you think if you try it, I’d be interested to know. I have Jeti as well and read that before but forgot about it. I actually changed fields to fly jets, I went from a 400’ paved runway to a 600’ petromat, the petromat is great because it’s longer but it’s also a lot slicker so any bit of inconsistent braking and you start sliding sideways.