RCU Forums - View Single Post - Proposed Fiberglass RC Airplane with a 1.5hp diesel engine.
Old 02-28-2020, 09:25 PM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Hydro Junkie, that was a hilarious story! We've seen similar to that a few times, only not really to that degree..LOL. It's usually pretty easy to spot a new RV'er. There's a bit to learn it, but if you buy it from a decent dealer or someone that will show you the ropes it's not bad at all.

We worked on deciding what we wanted in an RV for about 3yrs this time. We've owned a few others in years past, so it wasn't necessarily new to us... but it had been quite a while since we'd been RV'ing.... and our kids are all grown and gone(3 girls in their 30's) We wanted to get something this time just for us, that we'll keep for a while, and actually use more then we did our previous rigs.

We're retired now, and wanted something simple, and affordable, so we went the used route and bought our Class C, real clean with only 22,000 miles. Was able to save several thousand dollars on it compared to a newer unit. No slides for us though. It's just the wife and I now, and we're outside most of the time anyway. We figured we didn't want the weight factor, and the unit we liked didn't have slides anyway. It's literally one less thing to deal with. Hook ups are a cinch, and with a 31' and no slides, we can get in anywhere. We're very happy with it.

We're heading over to Death Valley next week to hang out, do some hiking, and kick back for a while. I toss a plane or 2 in the back and we have a few fields we'll stop at along the way and do some flying. It should be beautiful over there.