RCU Forums - View Single Post - Proposed Fiberglass RC Airplane with a 1.5hp diesel engine.
Old 02-29-2020, 04:42 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by jester_s1
From your description, they kinda sound like the sort of people you can't tell anything to until after they've screwed up. Even being newbies, I'd think they should have read up on it and known how to hook things up and what's ok and not.
Not really. There were actually three things going on in that campground:
1) Rookie Husband wanted to learn and was like a sponge. From what I could tell, the dealer that they bought the trailer from didn't really go over everything with them before letting them take the trailer home. Due to that lack of instruction, they watched the internet where, like everything else, they were given conflicting information that had them more confused than helped
2) Rookie Wife was only concerned about being able to be comfortable and didn't really consider that there were other things that had to be done BEFORE she could be comfortable. Where my wife helps me out leveling and such, the Rookie Wife felt she didn't need to do anything except run out the slides and kick her feet up. It's not quite that easy.
3) Experienced Relatives left them to their own devices, not showing up until after all the work was done. Had they come down and tried to help out the rookies, we wouldn't have had to step in and help. Since they were taking a two week long trip, the experienced relatives should have been helping them with setting up and tearing down the camp site and what to do both inside and out to get the trailer ready to move. The wife learned this from a friend when we stayed with them in their 32ft Winnebago. We've not had anything damaged inside in the 5+ years and 20,000 plus miles we've had our trailer due to her pre-trip packing