RCU Forums - View Single Post - Super Sporster 40 sort of
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2020, 03:25 AM
Lee Taylor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by flyingagin
I have a solution for the un matched rear fuse sides.
I do not think it will affect the flying or final "looks", because it is so slight. Just leave it out of the equation when doing the alignments. In other words, align the wings, vertical stab, and engine relative to each other. Use the fuse as just something that connects the parts. But then it is your model and you can do as you please with it.

All the "flying" models in my life have certainly not been perfect by any means. Things tend to get a bit rough at the flying field. Not that we want it rough, but flying models tend to get their bumps, bangs, and bruises. I know everyone does not think like me but I keep in mind that my plans are to take this thing to the field and put it through the paces.

When I was a kid I use to build plastic models just for "show". I put them in contests and sometimes won. That was a whole different story than the model built for the field. I secretly think that eventually I am going to crash. It just seems inevitable to me. The severity of the crash is another story. There is no way to speculate on that