RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 03-03-2020, 10:02 AM
Telemaster Sales UK

Received 153 Likes on 129 Posts

Donny, you summarised the situation very well in 7799. No-one builds anymore, no-one wants nitro engines.

Those of us who are traditional builders, like you, have several projects on the go at the same time but we're unlikely to finish them all before our date with the Grim Reaper. Given that our ranks are thinning with each passing year, we are increasingly given things by well-wishers who'd like to see the model completed and in the air. You got a 1/4 scale Spitfire, I got a 1/3rd scale Sopwith Camel. You didn't want the Spitfire, I didn't want the Camel but neither of us could say "No."

Furthermore no-one wants the models which we love so much and upon which we have spent so much time, not to mention money, so they will not command much of a price for our loved ones when we've gone. C'est la vie as they say over here.

I told you that story of the man at the British Nationals Swap Meet a few years ago didn't I. He had several buckets full of two stroke engines from tiny Coxes to huge Super Tigres, most of them in serviceable condition. £10 each. Take your pick. (11€ or $13 US.)

That's the way it's going gentlemen we may not like it but that's the way it's going.