RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Happy AMA Thread , What do YOU do with them ?
Old 03-08-2020, 11:47 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by grognard
But who made this rule? Is it necessary? Is it reasonable? Or is it merely an arbitrary "line in the sky" imposed by a bureaucrat because applying common sense and good judgement was "too hard to do"?
It's not a rule, it's a LAW PL115-254 in fact. It was passed overwhelmingly by the US Congress and signed into LAW by the President. Even the member representing AMA's home district even voted for it. Now what's support!

I'm not doing anything different than I was under the Section 336 exemption.
See above. PL112-95 Section 336 was repealed by PL115-254 Section 349(b)(2); it no longer exists.

So I wasn't a "problem" until the FAA made me one.
The FAA did not do it. See above.

Here's an example of what that kind of thinking can ultimately lead to. This Chief of Naval Operations considered a trivial uniform regulation more important than his own life:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Michael_Boorda
Wikipedia? There was WAY more to this than just a uniform regulation.

So for the sake of the civil rights of soybean plants, all I can do with the Nieuport is taxi it around on the runway. Perfectly reasonable in FrankWorld.
If that's all the rules allow you to do, then so be it. Perhaps your club should buy more land instead of imposing risk (finanancial and otherwise) on your neighbors, all so you can play with your toys.