RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Happy AMA Thread , What do YOU do with them ?
Old 03-08-2020, 06:59 PM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by grognard
So -- were you lying then, or are you lying now?

And some here question MY integrity...
I think you need to re-read my full comment:
Originally Posted by franklin_m
...If I'm the FAA, I know AMA has a history of not playing well, not being part of the solution, and pretty much fighting everything I'm trying to do. But I have to work with them ... or at least appear to. So when they ask for something for their clubs, the FRIA, I give it to them. But I'm smart enough to know that it won't make it past the comments over constitutional issues and the OMB over the analysis I "forgot" to include. So the FRIA gets removed and I (FAA) can tell AMA that "We tried." (emphasis added)

Note the "IF" at the beginning? As I'm clearly not the FAA, I cannot be the one that wrote the FRIA into the rule, just as I cannot be the one telling the AMA that "We tried." So my comment is what's commonly known as a hypothetical.

All I did was point out a flaw with what FAA wrote. Again, I didn't write the FRIA thing, they did. Perhaps at AMA's behest, which if it fails for the reasons DJI or I noted, will be that much more delicious. If AMA would spend half as much time creating real value so people WANT to join as they spend on trying to find ways to FORCE membership, they'd be a lot better off.