RCU Forums - View Single Post - L39/Wren 44 Pics and video
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2020, 09:15 AM
andrewjet
My Feedback: (16)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by David Gladwin
Looking for a Savex L 39 kit in UK for my Xicoy 45 after losing mine in a mid air.

Seems Savex no longer producing this kit, a great shame because the Xicoy 45 is just perfect for this machine which is such a delight to fly., particularly with a gyro on the rudder.

I recently tried to contact Savex, I would have ordered 20 if they would resume production.

With the Xicoy 45 being such a delight I am sure they would be sold very quickly, sadly no reply !
I wonder why did they stop, Only a month or so after I noticed that they were not taking orders they did send me a quote list which is why I thought possibly they were taking a little time off. By the way, I can't remember what mines originally came is at as far as weight. I flew mine about 12 or 13 years ago and since then I've decided to go through everything which required taking it completely apart and replaced all plumbing, old receiver and I'm putting in a Gyro. Right now my weights 9.8 lbs without packs and fuel. I did add my own nav lights, Tamjet struts with eflite retracts and electric brakes but it seems like I'm coming in a little heavy. I originally flew with a 40oz tank which I shoehorned in and cause the nose to expand outward slightly which was noticeable so I decided to replace it with a 32oz tank and now it looks better with the canopy sitting down.

Plumbing almost completed

Replaced inside the UAT