RCU Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19, Sanctioned Events, & Aging Demographic
Old 03-13-2020, 08:22 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FUTABA-RC
California has requested that all events with more than 250 people be canceled. I plan on attending a F5J contest next week with 21 other pilots. All of them known to me. This is markedly different from being in a crowd of 200+ strangers. I am not in the smallest possible way concerned about attending this contest.
Yeah, I saw that exception in the California notification. That such gatherings are allowed if you know people, because it's "markedly different."

The issue isn't that YOU are at risk, but rather YOU can become a carrier. As is it possible for EVERY other person there to be a carrier, and thus expose HIGH RISK populations as a result of your other contacts - which you presumably don't avoid either because those too are "markedly different."

NBA suspended. MLB suspended. NHL suspended. MLS suspended. Disneyland and DisneyWorld closed. Countless Universities closed. Countless School Districts closed. Businesses closed. And the list goes on. -- And then there's AMA clubs, still sponsoring events.