RCU Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19, Sanctioned Events, & Aging Demographic
Old 03-13-2020, 04:40 PM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
The fact remains that the AMA issued a statement recommending that their members follow guidelines set by the CDC and their state governments on the same day you fabricated yet another trolling effort.
Again, a LATE statement, and only AFTER Toledo cancelled... They got forced into it, just like NCAA. Hence the comparison. And yet other events continue, like the 1000 seat one I mentioned...

Look who is moving the goalpost now? Now you claim that events ( up to 1,000 seats ) are still being held yet you don't mention the EXACT event you reference. No reference no fact there Dr.
"....or they may use any of the over 1,000 chairs set up by event management (emphasis added)."
https://visitcentralflorida.org/events/florida-jet-week

Oh by the way, when did you become a healthcare professional? Oh wait.......YOU AREN'T!
But I am formally certified in Emergency Management by FEMA. Which includes management of just such events. The majority of which means making decisions early, unlike AMA, and cancelling events early, unlike AMA. Why? So that you aren't out there making the problem worse by encouraging social contacts at events and multiplying your problem for clearly NON ESSENTIAL events.

So I can either start referring to you as Dr. Troll or maybe it's time for another Ban the Troll campaign.
Knock yourself out. But you're trying to preserve AMA's ability to hold events, I'm trying to encourage cancelling them so many of our ageing members are not exposed needlessly by any number of asymptomatic people. Each contact gets multiplied, which is why any number of states are taking significant measures to do just what I advocate - LIMIT unnecessary social events.

Matter of fact, I just heard the tail end of the story as I walked into the room, but I thought I heard the Governor of Ohio just announce that in his state they estimate 1 in 10 are asymptomatic carriers. Which is why they shut down events as small as 100 people.

Last edited by franklin_m; 03-13-2020 at 04:47 PM.