RCU Forums - View Single Post - Anyone with a CEN Truck that wants more support.
Old 11-07-2003, 10:13 AM
ThermalRD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone with a CEN Truck that wants more support.

ORIGINAL: auto2

Oh and one other thing.
A LHS does not make any money on selling a RTR. They make money on the hop up parts and future part sales etc.
With CEN once you sell the truck what else is there to sell the costomer?

You are kidding right? I know for a fact Hobby shops make money on their RTR kits. I bought a 2.5 maxx at cost for my son last year from a friends hobby shop. So i know they are making money. I got the kit well below what they sell for even today. With CEN, the problem they are having is SELLING the truck. To do this, they need hop ups. It makes no difference how good the truck is stock. Nobody wants to have the exact same thing as the next guy. They want to customize with the colored anodized parts, and build their trucks in a unique way. When i look into a new truck, i research the aftermarket first. You have to know that they have support, in case something on the truck is not quite up to par. So you can make it stronger. Not many people are gonna jump on that band wagon without support. Again, im not bashing, just stating some facts. Id love to see this truck with more support. Even more so, id love to see that Genesis!

Matt