RCU Forums - View Single Post - BajaHobby L39
Thread: BajaHobby L39
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2020, 02:52 PM
Todd D
My Feedback: (51)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Joe - yeah 160 it is, even though the grass field I fly off of is manicured like a fairway, a 140 would get it in the air no problem, but yeah, 160.

So I had a small issue with the JP gear/door controller. From the factory the controller is set to keep the doors open with struts down. The instructions for the controller online were little help so I emailed JP Hobbies. I was pleasantly surprised when I received a response in less than 24 hours that included clear instructions on how to change the programming to close the doors with gear down. I performed the programming sequence and it worked straight away so happy with that. The gear controller is wired direct to one of the battery leads for power, I'll put a switch in that line so I can disable the gear controller between flights without having to disconnect the batteries while at the field. An extension is included for the signal from the receiver where the positive wire is cut as it's not needed.

Here's the instructions to change the gear door controller from V1 to V2.

There are 3 program "MODE" buttons, one for each door that have to be programmed. The sequence is the same for each one.
-provide power to the controller (no need for signal from the receiver)
NOTE that the doors will cycle during this sequence if the extensions are plugged in so make sure they have clearance.
-Press the MODE button for 3 seconds for door one
-when the "A" LED flashes press MODE button again 3 times quickly
-press the + or - button to select the "D" led. (it will stay lit) D LED is doors closed, C LED is doors remain open.
-wait 3 seconds for the program cycle to clear itself.
-repeat the process for the other 2 doors.
After doing the sequence for each door, I powered up the RX and cycled the gear one time and the doors closed when the struts were extended like they are supposed to, and closed when the gear is up.

Here's a link to the instructions that they post on their web site, some information is useful. : JP Multifunctional controller instructions

Last edited by Todd D; 03-17-2020 at 03:10 PM.