RCU Forums - View Single Post - What do you think about JETLEGEND L39?
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2020, 02:48 PM
artchristic1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rcflier53
Spent the whole afternoon working in the shop with my Xicoy CG calculator. I started over with all the CG setup and distance calculations. I double checked the factory marks and they match the manual spot on. I used those marks and the balance came out perfectly matched to those using the manual’s criteria. These are the weights I logged for different phases of flight based on fuel loads:

CG weight w/UAT full & 1/2 full header tank = 38.3 lbs
Takeoff full fuel (w/o smoke fluid) = 44.1 lbs
Takeoff full fuel with only 50oz smoke fluid = 46.4 lbs
Landing with 1/4 fuel load & no smoke fluid = 40.5 lbs

No wonder this thing dogs so bad on grass. 46+ lbs takeoff with 50oz of smoke fluid.

I also logged the CG change with adding fuel and smoke fluid. My location I chose for weight placement is the nose cone. Full fuel load and no smoke oil, causes the CG to shift forward enough, that the calculator says to remove 0.5 lbs from the nose cone. Add in the smoke fluid and it says to remove 0.6 lbs from the nose cone. At landing fuel load and no smoke fluid it was showing to remove 0.2 lbs from the nose. Not terrible by any means for all those scenarios.

I think I’m just shocked at the weights and trying to figure out how much overweight my bird is than everyone else. Or if I’m worried about it for no reason, and to just adjust takeoff flaps, and flying technique for the first few minutes of a flight.
Sounds about right 44 lbs full fuel.
I had 6.2 liters of fuel on board.
Flew like a dream.
Sold it thought.
Will get another one some day.