RCU Forums - View Single Post - BJ Craft X-Drive
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2020, 02:44 PM
shannah
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Everyone,
I have been running the new BJ Craft motor in the XDrive and have been very impressed with it. I received this motor in January and have been flying it ever since. As you can see from the pics I am attaching it is very different than the original BJ Force motor. I am also including pics next to the Kontronik 650-53 for comparison.

The original motor was smaller and lighter but ran very hot. The new motor is quite different and runs very cool. This motor has a wide operating range and can work across timing from 5dgr to 25dgr. Recommended is 15dgr. A setting of 15dgr timing results in 560KV, 10dgr is 550KV and 20dgr is 570KV. I use 15dgr.

I limit my throttle to 70% max and have more than enough power. I typically consume 3800-4000mah per P sequence and very similar for F. If it is really windy and I have to fly bigger and faster then the power consumption increases obviously. I run the 5800mah 35C RoaringTop batteries.

I have had zero issues with this unit and have been really impressed by its smooth operation and quiet flight. There is no maintenance required at all. The belts still look great and have no real signs of wear. It is a great power unit and I think it is a great match for the Eternity Bipe.

The motor has an outer diameter of 67mm. If you scroll back a few posts you'll see a pic of the original drive unit on the scale with a weight of 655g. That same config is now 710g. A bit heavier but much more robust and better performance.

Here are some pics.

New BJ Craft drive on the left, Kontronik 650-53 on the right

New motor, Kontonik, and original motor