RCU Forums - View Single Post - Anyone with a CEN Truck that wants more support.
Old 11-07-2003, 01:36 PM
Pkvillager

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone with a CEN Truck that wants more support.

That is the flex I was refering to. But thats all it does is flex nothing else, nothing breaks when it flexes, so why worry about it. Besides its not the shock towers that are flexing, it flexes because the diff case that also functions as bulkheads are plastic and because there is no brace between the brake seat and throttle servo mount. Make a aluminum diff case and 99% of the flex will be gone, add a brace between the brake seat and the throttle servo mount and flex should be eliminated.

I would say that Cen hop ups are more function oriented than cosmetic. The aluminum brake seat adds some strength, helps breaking and looks good. They have a whole range of clutch bells and spurs, machined aluminum gear hubs, metal brakes even titanium hinge pins and upgraded diffs too! New Era carries the complete .21 conversion, aluminum A-arms, roll bar that eliminates flex, a large front bumper, a wheelie bar, and aluminum wheels.

I like your idea about longer a-arms though a super-wide mt2 would be killer, send that info to New Era. If New Era played their cards right they could make a spuper mt2 with wider suspension, extended chassis and the .21 conversion and aluminum everything kinda like the supermaxx chassis!