RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 07:39 PM
Jesse Open

Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC
My bike when I was younger was a 1974 Yamaha RD200 Electric street bike. The 2 cycle twin cylinder engine gave it a lot of power and it was a fun little street bike. I wish I had a picture of my best friend Kenny and I riding it together. Ken was 6'8" and 290 lbs and I was 6' even and 150 lbs. We bottomed out the shocks on the smallest of bumps and the front wheel got a bit light but the 200 cc (actual displacement I believe was around 184 cc) motor didn't care. Mine looked like this one until I added a white aftermarket fairing with built in headlight and front turn signals. The guy at the bike shop made the brackets for me and it fit like a glove.

My dream bike was always a Vincent black prince.

Ah yes, the Vincent. I found a Vincent Black Shadow for a friend. It was about 10 miles from here. All the frame and body work was done but apart. The engine and trans were all as found but needed going thru. The price in 1974 was $800! He was a very good friend and we traded a lot of hard to find stuff back and forth. Ever heard of a Druine Supercharger for Norton Commandos? He gave me one!
Anyhow, he came down with a brain tumor and passed away before the bike was done.

My dream bikes were a few. The Brough Superior as riden by T E Lawrence ( of Arabia)
The other is the Matchless Silver Hawk V-4.
A Norton Manx or Matchless G-50. Would do too! All said though I feel very fortunate to have owned and revived over 75 Britbike basket cases. They have all been very rewarding and educational.

Much like the Enya, YS and Saito four strokes.

Last edited by Jesse Open; 04-01-2020 at 07:43 PM.