RCU Forums - View Single Post - TF Beechcraft Bonanza F33A Build
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2020, 10:56 AM
VincentJ

Received 118 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by SA Flyer
Question on the fuel tubing used on the Ultra Stick. I notice that its color is an opaque yellow. I purchased some Tygon tubing, but looks a transparent yellow. Is it Tygon? A club member mentioned a newer type called TPM, or was it TPU. Will have to search the internet for that.
True words about what happens after buying a "used" plane. I've only done that once. Man, there was so much to change out. Not to mention the time expended in updating it to my liking.
Thanks for the humorous remark about "holding my stick". I had to scroll up to see how I was posing. That brought a laugh. I was 50 when I took that picture.
Keep up the good work. The Bonanza photos make it look like a full-scale plane is being worked on.
Lupe, the fuel line that I like to use is made by Sullivan and it's called ProFlex. Tygon fuel line hardens and requires yearly replacement, especially the clunk line in the tank. Switching over to ProFlex has eliminated the need to replace clunk lines that aren't flexible. The down side is that it is pricey! If you chose to use it be aware that it comes in two sizes so make sure to purchase the larger line when using on gas engines.
S215 ? ProFlex Universal Tubing for 3/16? fittings 2? ? Sullivan

With the Stick nearly completed, work can resume on the Bonanza. The photos really don't do any justice to how the wing has come out. The scale details added thus far has made it appear very realistic in appearance.