RCU Forums - View Single Post - Testing the new NV (Norvel) .40 size (6.5cc) gasoline glow engine
Old 04-13-2020, 05:43 AM
aspeed

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by hsukaria
The web site Mike Goes Flying sells a .36 gas engine for a reasonable price. But I have no personal experience with it.
The .37 looks like a nice motor. It seems like the same as their glow motor except with more fins and the turbo plug. I see that it has a G on it presumably for gas. Likely an extra hot. Our dollar is quite low right now and he is not shipping outside the US anyway, so it is not a great option for me just to experiment with. I suppose I could pick it up at a post office address in Detroit if the border opens up some day. Looks very interesting. The instructions for fuel mixing may be a good thing to know/share if anyone has one. To be honest, I have made quite a few Turbo style heads for my smaller motors and wonder if gasoline would work considering the use of a bronze bushing on the rod. Not because of the fuel cost, but the oil cost. I really don't like the smell of gas in the van. On the one review it has mentioned 16:1 fuel mixture with half and half Klotz and 2 stroke oil.