RCU Forums - View Single Post - Heng Long 6.0 IR Battle System review
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2020, 09:05 AM
Fsttanks

Received 257 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Enzo_K
Looks like Henglong 6.0 works just fine for a casual tank battle player in many ways.
I have 3 tanks with Henglong 6.0 MFU right now, just for its low price and easy installation. And I'm ok with its IR battle system since I don't have a local club to battle with, its just me and myself. lol

However, I just found a pretty good aftermarket MFU on Taobao recently, it's about 90 USD for the MFU only. And according to their videos, it fit Henglong 6.0 board tanks(you don't need rewiring everything). Also, it controls and sounds as good as Elmod MFU. So if you plus that 90 bucks with a cheap 8 channel radio, which is about 50 bucks or so, you will be sitting around 150 bucks for something that performs as good as Elmod MFU.
Forgive me but how does your post relate to the thread topic? It is well known that there are a number of aftermarket MFU/control boards that are fully Tamiya IR battle compatible and use hobby grade transmitters. This thread is focused though on improving the STOCK HL 6.0 systems abilities in IR battling as far as possible with simple and inexpensive aftermarket improvements like the LegoDEI IR receiver. It is not about replacing the 6.0 system entirely.

I am sure there are people myself included that would enjoy reading about this new unnamed MFU. Maybe you could start a new thread topic and once you have one in hand then write a review on it covering all aspects of performance not just “good” sound.

Last edited by Fsttanks; 04-13-2020 at 09:21 AM.