RCU Forums - View Single Post - Composite-Arf 33% Gee Bee R2 - First Flight - Pics - Videos - L@@K
Old 04-14-2020, 06:35 PM
AKB
My Feedback: (6)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So now I am at this point finished with the cutting soldering making up the wires and the tensioning cable. The question here is when setting the final dihedral of both wings what should the normal procedure. Should I work with top wires first to set the initial wings at 4 1/2 degrees and then set the bottom wires taught with the top and then use the tension cables at the last to firm everything up. At this stage I am just getting everything to lock into place, this way I can add jam nuts where necessary so that all I need to do when taking apart for the field and in the shop is loosen off the tension cable bolts at the fuselage and remove them and after that remove the bolts out at the wings, to remove the wings and leave the made up fuselage connections fastened and just rest the flying wires beside the fuselage the way I see Richard do this. Today the first time at attempting this I just felt like I was chasing this procedure, where I would tighten one wire and then one of the others on that wing side would go limp. So like I say this still for my initial setting of the wing dihedral and getting the right tone out of my new guitar strings.

Oh and Richard in talking with Gotz today he felt that it would a good idea to start with SEP 32x18 to start with on the Moki 250. I guess he has Comp Arf Gee Bee new in the box that he still hasn't put together yet. He also had and interesting idea when talking about setting up a Gee Bee for landing to set up a switch to raise the two ailerons up to about 2mm, to keep these control surfaces functional, when getting closer to the stall speed. This is something we do with jets all the time which I am sure you are very familiar with, that is called crow. Several of my jets include this feature. Don't know if anyone had ever tried this with the GB. Obviously here we have no flaps as we would normally have with a jet.

Cheers
AKB

Last edited by AKB; 04-14-2020 at 06:47 PM.