RCU Forums - View Single Post - SIMLA BUILD THREAD
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2020, 08:05 PM
kingaltair
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Taurus II

Hi BEM
If you scroll up a couple pictures you see the Simla kit prototype that appeared in the 2010 article, and how much bigger it is with a 102" wingspan.
The plane above was talked about a lot in the Ed Kazmirski's Taurus thread. It was Ed's last *and most advanced), Taurus design which we called the Taurus II or (T2.) A friend, John Castronover, and I pooled our resources and bought the plane from Ed's estate in 2008. We restored pars of it and refitted it for flight. The plane is featured flying in two YouTube videos (look under kingaltair1 or Ed Kazmirski.) Plane has a symmetrical wing with a Bosch airfoil, a midwing placement, (due to fitting the new wing in the old fuselage which originally had a very thick airfoil), and a generally more slim shape. Here is one of my favorite photos showing both of Ed's Taurus models side by side. It was taken in Muncie on the day the most famous Taurus was donated to the AMA Museum in September, 2009.

The Taurus II flew about 20 times while we gathered photos of it flying, then we unofficially "retired" the plane for the second time. I have it now.

Taurus II (left) with Ed's famous Taurus (right)

Beauty Pass

Take off