RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/6 ROC Hobby Willys MB 1941
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2020, 05:56 AM
herrmill

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

My initial comments after unboxing;

Overall it looks great, is well built, with ABS body, detail parts metal frame & a mix of metal / nylon parts, Great packaging which is modeled clearly off HG's excellent foam box. Detailing is amazing & you'll love how the steering rotates when you turn the wheels. A very nice touch! I can already see the aftermarket going to town when it comes to accessories.

Can't wait to get it outside tomorrow. Drove it around my living room tonight & found it quite very responsive both in throttle & steering.

At only 4kg its quite the lightweight which is half as much as the 1/10 HG Hummer. I see a lot of bouncing around at speed on uneven terrain.

One thing I didn't expect: the suspension with its much touted oil shocks are far too soft to carry any load. I was disappointed to see how much the body leaned with just one figure in the driver seat & with another figure in the passenger seat it drove around like a drunken sailor lurching from side to side. Don't even think about adding another in the rear since its almost sitting on the rear wheels. Its no wonder FMS posted videos of it driving without figures. These absolutely need to be changed out with something more firm so will look into what can fit.

Will post more photos & comments after I get it outside for a proper test drive tomorrow.