RCU Forums - View Single Post - Lake Buccaneer From Pilot
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2020, 11:15 AM
wruggiero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ctseaplane
Wow this brings back some memories. This kit was a Christmas gift when I was a kid - probably 1986-1988 or so. The build started in grade school and probably finished sometime late in high school. Initially I severely underestimated how heavy this airplane was and I severely underpowered it with an old KB .28 Sportster. The results were about what could be expected. She was difficult to get off the water and then she stall/spun. Several years later I took the OS 32FH out of a Concept 30SE helicopter and tried again - with similar results. I still have the plane, and I've meant to restore her and appropriately power/fly - but the years have just flown by. I'll try to post some photos of her current state when I get to it. Good luck with the build. She's heavy with a high wing loading - don't force her into the air. Anything you can do to lighten her up during the remaining build - I'd encourage you to do so.
Thank you so much for your tips .In fact the construcution techinics used in this model is heavy , I'concerned regarding tha weght too. I intended to fly in a runway.