RCU Forums - View Single Post - DoJ Issues Guidance for Counter Drone in US
Old 04-23-2020, 11:40 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ECHO24
This is from AMA's formal comment to the FAA regarding the high profile drone incidents cited in the NPRM:

"AMA’s safety protocols would not allow these types of operations."

Who enforces AMA's safety protocols? Not AMA. And these are off-site violations. It's laughable on it's face.
For YEARS I've tried to convince the AMA of the need to enforce their own rules ... but they won't even do that. For YEARS I've tried to get AMA to professionalize their safety program and collect data and evaluate LEADING indicators, but they didn't do that either. And finally, I've tried for YEARS to get them to professionalize things like their LMA program, ut they declined that help as well. Unfortunately, it's all of these things that EARN credibility with the FAA ... but AMA was content to "do it like we've always done it." No wonder I suppose, for the most part the same names have been running the place for decades. And how's that working out for revenue? Paying members? Respect from FAA? Etc. It's not. Time to try something new.

I hoped the recent election might bring some new blood, but the silence in response to my questions above (plan for increasing revenue / plan for getting FAA to reverse its thinking) indicates nothing has changed. All they're doing is rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.