RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/6 ROC Hobby Willys MB 1941
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2020, 07:29 PM
herrmill

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

Took the MB out for a spin this morning & overall am satisfied driving it, with & without figure . Hadn't had a chance to run in dirt or gravel so expect it will be a bit more squirrelly with the figure. Its quite a peppy little bugger. With stiffer springs, it can only get better, especially since I always plan on having at least one, if not more, figures onboard. Shocks are standard 80mm so will be easy to change out with something better, am looking at adjustable shocks now on Taobao.

Since I was solo I didn't get a chance to take any video but here are some shots alongside the Hummer for comparison. Again, with all the metal parts HG uses as standard, my Hummer weighs twice as much as the MB. In case anyone is wondering, I lifted up the driver's side of the body to straighten up for the shots due to the softness. The Hummer's suspension, on the other hand, is rock solid but a completely different design with shocks designed to carry the weight. HG certainly makes a very nice product!

Regarding the tow hook, I guess I was overstaying my initial thought - its similar but thinner & made of plastic, appears to be nylon & does have an upper latch that closes but its not spring loaded like the Hummer's which is cast aluminum. Regarding upgrade parts, the manual does show some optional aluminum bumpers & windshield wipers (?) along with the canvas canopy & machine gun so who knows if anything else is forthcoming. Still am waiting to hear back from FMS on inquiries I sent regarding parts.

Last edited by herrmill; 04-25-2020 at 07:57 PM.