RCU Forums - View Single Post - Advice for Engineering Test Bed Build
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2020, 02:14 PM
asupervee72

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was recently looking at the power combo you listed for a large scale jet boat project I was cooking up but they are backordered. Have you considered looking at any of the electric skateboard set ups? The are low kv so you would not need a gear box . Something like a 190 kv on 10s should put where you want to be. Might even be cheaper. You would need to take added precautions for waterproofing though, a conformal coating usually does the trick.

Your prop diameter to boat size ratio seems off. Are you doing this in a water channel? Open water? Is this a static test you are setting up. Can you say more about the goal of the test bed. What kind of data are you trying to collect?

For batteries I wouldn't do a 10 s pack but 2 matched 5s. This will make charging easier as most chargers have a 6s limit and even higher end chargers only bump it to 8s. I've had good luck with the zippy compact packs, it would be between those and the turnigy hd packs. I have the 60 c version of both, I would stick to higher c rated packs, they sag less and typically have a higher charge rate as well.

Last edited by asupervee72; 04-28-2020 at 02:21 PM. Reason: additional comments