RCU Forums - View Single Post - Did anyone else notice that AMA ran a deficit last year?
Old 05-03-2020, 06:51 PM
rcplane-RCU
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you want a better hobby/AMA/Club and or club field

Do something about it.
Before any of you complain about the AMA what it does or doesn't do for the hobby, or best of all how the money its spent you need to go to an AMA EC meeting and get, hear, see the truth.
Most EC members there do everything they can to make the AMA and Hobby better, cost less etc... grow membership.
But most clubs are a joke. They don't even have real officers and or hold real meetings.
When was the last time YOU or YOUR club had an event and INVITED the public. Tried to grow your membership.

There are also tons of AMA programs and nobody takes advantage of most They offer money to help clubs better their fields, runways, fencing whatever and they can
They cant even get enough clubs to put in for it because the club officer that gets ALL of this information offered to clubs, doesn't read it and throws it away.
Most is in the magazine but most dont really READ it.

Sorry I used to try and teach all this and did to many clubs for many years and many gained from it. But the majority just complain.. My AMA number is 5784 by the way. Been here a while.