RCU Forums - View Single Post - Did anyone else notice that AMA ran a deficit last year?
Old 05-03-2020, 08:40 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Thank you for your post, rcplane-RCU. When one serves the public, they work hard on projects they genuinely care about just to have some neck bearded jackwagon with a third grade education get on the internet and tear it all apart. There are 100 critics for every helpful person, and amateur critics are rarely informed enough to make valid judgments.

Take my occupation for example. I teach middle school. In the past year, I've probably read posts and shared articles on Facebook about what's wrong with public education from at least a dozen different people. A couple were from other teachers, but most were from people who have no idea about what I do. I could tell that was the case by the way they described it. The worst was a home school mom who I know fairly well who has never lived on her own and never worked outside of her home or church. She knew it all, of course, and was extremely confident that she could do a better job herself than the team or professionals can. It sounded much like some of the people I see in threads like this one.

The AMA is not, and never has been perfect. Our hobby is declining. The AMA can't do anything about that. And new technology has put us in a difficult position. Those guys are still working for our good though, and deserve at least that much appreciation.