View Single Post
Old 05-04-2020, 03:49 AM
harttvboy04
My Feedback: (32)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks rowdog_14, I saw the picture and figured that might be true, so I shifted the CG back to where it balanced @3.5” with the gear extended. Mine came out just under 21 pounds. I didn’t weight the wing before foaming, but I’ll weigh the used can and a new can of Great Stuff and let you know.

Here’s the video, shot by my buddy Whatts05! I didn’t get the gear up because I unplugged the servo while troubleshooting an apparent XBUS hub and/or PWM adapter failure. Subsequent flights were much faster with the gear retracted and she felt much more settled, not like a 21 pound plane that was under powered, likely in the 100 mph range based on previous experience at that field.

It should be stated, the grass was tall and I am using 4” Robart wheels. She lifted off in about 400’, and she went through that length in a hurry on the ground.

​​​​​​

As a side note, I’d love to see photos of the cable management for the wiring and air lines coming from the wing. I’m just not happy with how the wiring needed to be managed in bunches. There’s a lot there between lighting, servos and air lines...

im also thinking 11x7 is too much prop. I had two engine out landings yesterday, one due to fuel out the second to a lean run maybe, still working that out.

Last edited by harttvboy04; 05-04-2020 at 03:52 AM.
The following users liked this post:
rowdog_14 (05-06-2020)