RCU Forums - View Single Post - Old Christen Eagle II ARF....Need Help!
Old 05-05-2020, 02:24 PM
citabrajohn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank you For The Reply!

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
I truly beleive there are no duds, it all depends on how much work you want to put into it. These days with powerful mini servos and light LiFe batteries you can easily save a pound of weight compared to what was available when that airplane was new. I would also suggest you study up on biplane wing incidences ( models not full scale ), I personally have all mine set with the top wing at zero and bottom wing at +1 degree. This makes the bottom wing stall first and improves inverted performance. Also CG is critical on short coupled bipes. Too far forward is almost as bad as too far back, don't fall for the wives tale that forward is better on a CE, it don't like it.
Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. I started R/C but started flying full scale about the same time. I have a multi-engine as well as IFR/Comm ratings as well. I've actually flown in a pitts for my CFI checkride so I do understand the physics you mention. Because of the COVID-19 virus, I've not been able to go out to my local field and meet friends. I've got a trainer plane that I will fly this summer. I'll ask for help on when I put this together from others. I don't know if I should power it by a never run supertiger 45 or a thrunder tiger 61. Of course, I'll let the experts land it and I'll just enjoy some flying around the pattern. Thanks for the advice. Regards. John