RCU Forums - View Single Post - Balsa USA Brotherhood
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2020, 08:41 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

I can't say much about being able to haul a full sheet of ply either. When the wife and I bought a truck, I wanted a full sized one with an extended cab(not a crew either). I wanted a truck that could easily go through said parking lots, haul stuff and, unlike the crap available now, be useful. Wife wasn't having it, however. She wanted something smaller, more her size that would be similar to driving a car. We ended up with an S-10, but not the junk version that's nothing more than a commuter rig. I put down my foot on it having a V6, an extended cab and two wheel drive. She countered with requiring an automatic transmission and air conditioning. I figured this would be next to impossible to find but, low and behold, she found one. It has only one drawback, that being it only has a five foot bed. If I need anything longer, I have to leave the tail gate down or take it off completely and/or leave the bed cover partially up. I can't complain about it too much since I have used it to pull our 26 foot trailer all over the northwest and as far away as Little Rock Arkansas. Only modifications I made were adding a trailer hitch receiver, light wiring harness, brake controller and transmission cooler. What the heck, it does what we need, and then some