RCU Forums - View Single Post - Is Bob Parkingson Models still in business
Old 05-10-2020, 03:16 PM
jonesg2

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Flysfloats
The motor and fan are scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. With the wing spars un modified the inside dimension of the fuselage between the "half moon" looking motor mounts is a bit over 6". I was thinking that it would be easy to make a couple of doublers to match the o.d. of the fan shroud and screw/glue to the existing motor mounts?
Single thrust tube is what the cassette shows, I believe. It attaches to the fan shroud and then to the exhausts nozzle. Cut out the twin holes for just one oblong exhaust nozzle seems fine.

I would like to use retracts as they add a lot of Ooooh factor on flybyes.

One last, for now, comment, I would like to post pictures as I go but am having trouble. I used Picasa for years and loved it, now Google Photos and for the most part ok. BUT, as for this forum, when I click on the little house with the twin peaks in it, I am able to access my old Picasa photos but not my current or future Google Photos! Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Once you have the shroud in hand you can try your idea ,
on the original byron fan we had to trim the intake opening ( trumpet shaped) of the fan shroud to get it to fit.
Getting the shroud in and out of the hatch opening was a houdini trick of twisting it sideway and yanking.
You can decide of you need to make the hatch wider, its just slabs of balsa after all.

I mounted mains retracts to 2x2 inch 1/4 ply plates, first landing ripped one out because I just epoxied it to balsa,
an oldtimer said it needed a thin 1/16th inch ply doubler to spread the load. I made some that were approx 5 inch x 3 inch x 1/16 ply and glued the retract plate to that..
I don't know if the plan shows that, I showed it to parkinson yrs ago.at a jet rally.
Nose gear, I much prefer, to retract forward vs rearwards, less chance of collapse on hard landing in grass. Large nose wheel and it will fly off the ground by itself.

I usually email photos to myself from photobucket, then I know where it is.
Open the email and download it, it usually stays at the bottom of the screen in windows 7 until deleted from the screen.
I just did it.
Did it as described above, DL from my email, it resides at the bottom of the screen.
Come back here and hit manage attachments.

Don't hit the 2 mountains, scroll down to manage attachments instead.
Grab the photo download and drop it on the arrow in the cloud diagram.
Tell it to upload. on top right of the upload screen.
I just uploaded the joke below.

Last edited by jonesg2; 05-10-2020 at 03:36 PM.