RCU Forums - View Single Post - Micro RC Mega Truck Build Log
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2020, 07:20 PM
ShopTech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It has been awhile since I have updated this build log.

I made a prototype of the rear end to see if it was possible to use the differential and axles from the Wltoys car. It works but I would like to add another bearing to the pinion gear as it wobbles around a bit too much. I also need to figure out how to make/hook up a driveshaft.

I started out with the chassis modeled at .125" diameter tubing. This looked way too thick after completing the model so I changed it to .084". .084" would be 2" tubing at 1/24 scale.

I was eager to try printing the frame. The yellow version is at .125" tubing using zero support. I chose to print with zero support because I wanted to see what my printer was capable of. I was expecting and I received a lot of droopage. My initial plan was to model in all the support needed instead of using the support function in Cura.

The black version is at .084" tubing using full support from Cura. It came out much better. I could do a better job cleaning up the support material but this was just a test print as well. .084" will not be strong enough. My next print will be with the tubing at .105" and I will try to print the entire frame.

Teaser from another project I am working on.