RCU Forums - View Single Post - TF Beechcraft Bonanza F33A Build
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2020, 09:37 AM
VincentJ

Received 118 Likes on 107 Posts

Late last night I received a much awaited package, my exhaust! Having a custom exhaust made for this project proved to be a very formidable task which all started about four months ago. If you remember, I designed and made a wooden exhaust for this project. The exhaust system was about as complex as it comes, the success of this project relied on an exhaust that would mate to my DLE-20RA and fit in the restricted space of the engine compartment.. I contacted JTEC Radiowave and they agreed to fabricate it. I have to be honest, right from the start communication between between JTEC and myself wasn't good. It always felt as though I was bothering them every time I tried to communicate with them. After more than two months I received my first exhaust from them, but it wasn't usable because it didn't fit properly. The exhaust was boxed and sent back. I received their second attempt after another month. The second exhaust wasn't much better...I was discouraged and it was evident that they were unable to fabricate what this project needed. I was now in trouble.

After a lot of researching, I contacted Dan Galardo from Custom Pipes RC. As soon as Dan and I talked I knew that he was the right person for this job. Communication between Dan and I was excellent. There were many nights when Dan and I would talk, I never felt that I was bothering him. Dan was brave enough to take on the job, even during this Covid-19 crisis! In about a months time Dan's box was sitting on my doorstep. The following pictures are a few snapshots he took while fabricating this exhaust. He made it from stainless steel rather than from aluminum. The stainless would provide more strength and I needed additional weight up front so it was the perfect solution. The muffler box was machined from billet stainless to perfection.

Thank you Dan for all the time and effort that you put forth in this project. The exhaust fits perfectly! I know that I have made a new friend... https://www.custompipesrc.com/

Last edited by VincentJ; 05-14-2020 at 03:31 PM.