RCU Forums - View Single Post - Programming a Skydiver
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2020, 07:41 AM
gbarnes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pietermu
Hello Gary

Here my attempt to help.

As you do not mention the size or make of jumper I will assume it be a 1/4 scale jumper.
First, do make use of a long range receiver especially if you are going to drop far away from you. Parkfly receivers is ok only for the small skydivers up to avaerage of 1000ft.

Decide which way you would like to steer:
Some people prefer to control each hand with one of the main control gimbals. Others like to steer by separating (throttle/elevator) and (aileron/rudder). Then again there is a set-up employed [(Mixer) and not recommended by me] that allows you controlling all the different functions with a single main gimbal.

So it´s a good idea to control one arm with the "rudder" gimbal and the second arm with the "aileron" gimbal. If you connect the two gimbals with a rubber band, your transmitter is set for "hands up“.
I myself prefer to use the "throttle“ and "elevator“ for the hands with a rubber band to each pulling all the way up.
With these methods you can easily make use of the full servo throw, which you usually need to move the hands from the fully "up“
to the full "down“ position.
See to it that there is not one of the servos that bind in any way of your setup.
Thanks for the response. That is the way we used to set them up years ago. I just thought maybe will all the programmability of today's radios there might be a better way.