RCU Forums - View Single Post - Esky Honeybee CP3 Jitters on take off
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 01:30 AM
ac.smith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi winger76,

Thanks for the reply. I read on another forum the other day that the Tail Motors have a limited lifespan to them (around 10 hours) and after this they do not respond to the speed adjustments of the mix controller as precisely. I am not sure how correct that is, but in changing the tail rotor I also noticed that I think there may be a problem with the cable to the tail motor so I will need to address this also.
Mine being the CP3 apparently E-Sky removed the ability to adjust the gain on the mixer by removing the dial, so not sure if this is possible with mine. I will fix the cable and see if the motor change has made any difference and post my results.

The problem I had was that the heli wobbled so much that I couldn't get it in the air, it would take off, wobble so much that it would unbalance itself and then drop to the ground again.

I am thinking of getting a different Heli in the not to distant future anyway, I wasn't overly keen on the direct drive style tail rotor control and think variable pitch tail control may feel better.