RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ending mini-lawyering ... is it past time for AMA to require members follow the law?
Old 05-25-2020, 02:33 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Okay, in NAMBA, if you want to make a rule change, you submit it to your district VP who sends it to the equivalent of Muncie where it is given a one year trial before being voted on to make it a hard change with the rules updated. Does the AMA have a similar process and, if so, would it work to get the vaunted Safety Code updated to make it mandatory rather than just a suggestion that should be followed? I can already see Rich Hanson fighting this one by not putting it in the AMA's money pit of a magazine as it's something that would undermine his power as now he would have to tell the members the FAA's word is law, not something that is an option.
Then again, I see a lot of CDs and event organizers that still ignore the change, if it's approved, until an FAA rep shows up and shuts down an event or two due to failure to follow the law.
Okay, let the "Muncie Minions" attack me now as I know it's coming.

edit
Just had a thought, the FAA can shut down any event they want right now for violation of the law(altitude limit) whether the rules/safety code is changed or not. I guess my whole post is a mute point as the law is the law, REGARDLESS of what the safety code, EC or Rich Hanson say to the contrary

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 05-25-2020 at 02:56 PM.