RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ending mini-lawyering ... is it past time for AMA to require members follow the law?
Old 05-25-2020, 03:57 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Be that as it may, Bill, if the FAA starts "ticketing" participants for breaking the rules(or law), due to being told they weren't required to follow them by the EC(more specifically, following what Rich Hanson has put in writing, not once but twice), I'm sure the members would get the message that the days of being able to fly when/where/how they want are over and that the rules will be followed or there will be consequences. As I see it, the event organizers can either work with the FAA or follow Hanson's written word of doing what they want and see how it all plays out. As I see it, it should get interesting if the FAA sends officers to watch an event and sees several people violating the rules. I'm sure Hanson's reputation will end up in the toilet before too long if it happens at several events.

edit
I found proceeding information on expelling members and complaints about CDs, but only a single one word reference applying to EC officers. I found one place where the word "impeachment" was used. I found nothing about how that was to be performed but, what I found interesting, is that any complaint against any member that couldn't be handled at area VP or by the AMA office staff had to be reviewed by the Executive Director, President and Vice President. That tells me that any complaint directed at Rich Hanson has to go through Rich Hanson's hands, thus making any such complaint DOA. If I'm wrong, please tell us where to find "impeachment procedures" or "complaints against elected officers" are located.

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 05-25-2020 at 04:27 PM.