RCU Forums - View Single Post - P-38 Lightning Brotherhood
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2020, 06:50 AM
tuchadwick59
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey fellas.... Got a new bird (Well, actually it is quite old). We had a member from Tulsa Glue Dobbers die last year. His name was Bill Roff. He was a P-38 junkie and very skilled builder. He had built a few scratch P-38s in the 90's. His widow had this one and we made sure to take care of her. So I bought it from her for a generous amount.

It was built in 1992. Originally had Supertiger 2000's on it. Airtronic old servos. Etc. It is beautiful and Roff built it up from plans (No clue as to what plans) and glassed the whole this. Paint is exceptional.

Anyways, we put DLE 35's on it and all new Hitec servos. Also has Robart make me some electric gear. It originally had gear doors, but I think Roff just simplified it and took them off in the 90's. Kind of a sport scale. With no flaps (Yeehaw!!!)

I have no idea how he built this thing. It is 108" and next to my Ziroli 114" P-38, the booms and fuse are quite smaller. But the wings seem longer than they should be. I think Roff added some length to the wings. Any ideas? Perhaps someone had seen this thing fly back in the 90's.

I have had it flying a couple of times. The old air breaks still work great. It screams pretty good. I will get video when I can. Here are a few photos.

Last edited by tuchadwick59; 05-26-2020 at 06:52 AM.