RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 05-27-2020, 09:13 AM
Telemaster Sales UK

Received 146 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC
Its hard enough flying in just one mode I think Joe is right better not to mix them. Hats off to you David for being able to pull it off!

David, are you familiar with the Brian Downham's Sopwith Baby? I think it won the Scottish Nats back in the early 80s.

Mike

That's not quite right Mike.

I have the use of a Mode 1 Spektrum DX5e transmitter which I use as a slave transmitter. When buddied up to my Mode 2 Spektrum DX9 transmitter I can teach a Mode 1 beginner, who already has some experience. I also own a Spektrum DX6i transmitter which is Mode 2 which I use as a slave for Mode 2 beginners.

It's a good job that I had the DX6i transmitter last year. The DX9 "had issues," so I sent it away for repair and competed in La Coupe Des Barons with the DX6i. Photographic evidence below. Note the two guys in the orange tee shirts admiring my female mechanic!

Walking up to the starter boxes with my Spektrum DX6i transmitter, Coupe Des Barons 2019. Miss Blue Eyes is obscured behind me carrying Bertie, my RAF Baron. The club treasurer, Gerard van der Moulin carries my flightbox.

Mr Downham's plan is available from Sarik Hobbies fro £17.50 which is $21.42 US plus postage and packing. Must close, a pork chop and a 2018 Cotes du Rhone are waiting for me. https://www.sarikhobbies.com/product...-sopwith-baby/