RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ending mini-lawyering ... is it past time for AMA to require members follow the law?
Old 05-28-2020, 05:47 AM
jcmors

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by franklin_m
Does this help?
It does. I was curious about the criteria and how it would be defined. I think the concept of having a provable safety culture would have been very useful during these times of increasing regulation. To be honest I'm not altogether sure there is much that can be done to turn things around at this point however as I have said before I'm certainly willing to try right up until the hobby dies a slow agonizing death over the coming few years. It is absolutely certain at least in my mind that if we do nothing the hobby as we know it will go away entirely 400' and below or otherwise. I would certainly be willing to consider some sort of safety metrics tracking. Perhaps it isn't too late but if not, it is very nearly on the brink.

Personally I believe that the majority of the RC modeling community, at least the people I have met and know, are reasonable people and adhere to safety guidelines and that includes those outside the AMA membership that fly in rural fields. Even there some sort of safety tracking application might be useful to prove that there is a general culture of safety in the community at large..