RCU Forums - View Single Post - 3D Print Project SSYMS 80 ton 1/16th Scale
Old 05-28-2020, 08:37 AM
RainbowStalin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Martin,
Thanks!
I have a Creality CR-10S printer

I have modified the chassis with holes that I will install 2mm and 1mm steel rods that perform two functions alignment of the parts and reinforcement of the joints.
I also have two 4mm stainless steel threaded rods with metal reinforcement plates where they pass through and sandwich the multiple plastic beams with nuts on either side.
Additionally I will JB Weld (Steel Epoxy) the component pieces together. I think it should hold. If not I will reprint the Chassis in something else either PETG or ASA or as a last choice ABS.

Steve
I had this one. It's good. But after 2 years of intense usage, it broke. Now I'm looking for new one. Maybe I will buy the same one, maybe not. One of my friends told me that he'd bought a cool 3D printer in Paris. It's called matériaux impression 3D and you can do some amazing stuff with it. At least, I think so. This friend of mine shown me some tank models he did with this 3D printer, and I was impressed. BTW, maybe you've heard something about these? I've read about it on one forum related to 3D printing, and they say that it's good. I have my friend's results of using this and I have some other evidence that it's good.