RCU Forums - View Single Post - Introducing the Top RC Model Odyssey - New sport jet - build thread
Old 06-13-2020, 01:04 PM
HiCurrent

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The quality isn't at par with skymaster, jetlegend and feibao that's why it is a few hundred bucks cheaper. And that's why the customer has to put in extra effort to fix them. I don't see that TOPRC will ever be at par to their competitors in the jet theater. However, they are the only one with affordable composite kits for prop warbirds though. There aren't many manufacturers for warbirds. Comp arf is great but too pricey.
I have a few TopRC warbirds (3), they are ok, not much details on the skin like comp arf. So far, I have not gotten a kit with a complete hardware package. Always short on the fiberglass control horns and some times the L brackets for the servo. There are always issue with the kit such as the formers delaminated from the skin. The push rods are too weak and the ball links are too small and weak for the size. You will need to replace the ball links and push rods for sure.
If you are willing to overlook those problems then it is worth the price.

Last edited by HiCurrent; 06-13-2020 at 01:19 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Sky Toys (06-13-2020)