RCU Forums - View Single Post - The new Tornado sport jet
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2020, 03:32 PM
Heliman4213
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know there's a lot of talk you're going back and forth but I'm going to offer my opinion. I have had three of these jets and still have a new one in the box and they fly super for what they are and there are no issues with landing this airplane. The only issue is like one other person said new flyers land too fast. Like any other jet you need to be level and as the speed bleeds off just pulling the nose up and let it land. People always try to land the jet you have to let the jet land by itself when the speed is proper don't force it down. We actually use a radar gun and had it down to 16 miles an hour, which is almost a walk. I'm an inexperienced jet pilot and have lots of scale jets but had three of these because they fly so well and are very inexpensive.
My first one had over 300 flights on it without a scratch on it. I got the most flap down I could which I believe was about 60°. Again, yes, this is not a BVM jet but it flies great and is very predictable and has zero bad tendencies. You don't have to do anything with the nose wheel or anything else that was said here put it together and fly it.
Your best bet is to try to have somebody who has a lot of experience help you trim it out. Get all set up and have fun with it. I have videos of this plane landing it's going so slow you swear it's going to fall out of the sky, it's very stable.
The only thing I ever did was add some Hysol to the landing gear area and took 6 ounce glass cloth and reinforced from the canopy forward as this was always a sort of a weak spot in the airplane that's all.
And just to wrap up and not accusing anybody else of being this, but I'm not a keyboard expert. I fly jets and have a lot of flights on this particular jet.
Good luck with everything and happy flights.