RCU Forums - View Single Post - Crickets....
Thread: Crickets....
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2020, 09:33 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
What we actually are is a group of like minded people that expect certain things for our money and can see those expectations are not being met and, in this case, it's not even close.
Please correct me if I’m wrong but you’re not even an AMA member so when you say “our money” who’s coat tails are you riding?

IF the AMA was doing what it was founded to do, be a clearing house of information, an insurance source and place to find local clubs, you wouldn't see this and other threads.
This is exactly what they are doing. I find information before I travel in the USA on clubs along my route and make contact with the same. I ask any questions pertaining to flying in the USA and usually receive a reply in 24 hours. I don’t have need of AMA insurance but those members who fly in Canada have the same coverage they enjoy in the USA and it’s adequate.

A lobbying group that lobbies for itself rather than what it was chartered to be, an organization that supports flyers.
This in the end may indeed be the answer for the AMA survival attempting to be all things to all people often results in pleasing no one. Most non members insist they want nothing to do with following AMA rules/guidelines so why bother attempting engaging with them. Protect and endorse the paid membership and work towards a carve out for the members only. MAAC did just that in Canada during the time Transport Canada drafted the rules for all RPAS in Canada MAAC was busy lobbying on behalf of its 12,000 or so members to get a carve out that allows us to fly as we always have and those that wish to fly on their own have to fly under the rules of Transport Canada. I think the big mistake was the AMA attempting to be all things to all fliers.

Again not being an AMA member in good standing how do you expect to have or work towards goals of the AMA except to ride someone’s coat tails. That’s not a troll but it might well be a parasite LOL.