RCU Forums - View Single Post - Crickets....
Thread: Crickets....
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2020, 10:10 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by astrohog
Actually, that is what happens when the, "good ole boy club" members have been backed into a corner with the facts and asked direct questions that they know if they answer will prove them to be the hypocrites that they are. Go back and check the history of these threads, they always go silent when the trolls are backed into a corner. Quite interesting, really!.

Astro
I would bet dollars to donuts the good ol boys don't feel backed in a corner at all they just find engaging with the half dozen or so of you guys not very meaningful or productive.

I for instance have been flying my fleet and working on others waiting paitently until the border opens and again I can travel to the good ol USA to fly with friends. I have contacted many and they are having no problem with their fields. I flew at Deland a few years ago and as far as I know they are still active at the end of one of the inactive runways at the airport. I don’t imagine they are the only club flying from airport property or next to it.

In Canada there are more than a few in the same position flying from airport property or next too without problem. I believe there are several clubs located on military or next to military air bases.

Originally Posted by franklin_m
Here, I'll ask two questions...

Does anyone else think the AMA's NATS push has an air of desperation about it? I submit the following as evidence:

-Extended deadline
- No fees for first timers (i.e. not enough repeats to make it profitable)
- Major host groups cancelled participation, but AMA says (paraphrased) "not cancelling the events themselves"
​​​​​​​I don’t see it as an act of desperation simply look at other events that have been altered or rescheduled in an attempt to salvage what they can and attempt to accommodate those who have made the commitment to attend. The easy way out is to simply cancel not attempt to provide some sort of venue.

Now I have Sat, Sun and Monday off and its hot I need to install my AC in the garage, finish getting my camper and toy trailer ready to roll. Hardly backed into a corner just busier than a one legged man at an azz kicking contest. If I have time I may check in on this little cloister later.LOL