RCU Forums - View Single Post - My Ultima ST EP Type-R BNIB 20th anniversary project with 3D printed "CF" parts.
Old 06-21-2020, 02:05 PM
HiTec90

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Here are some of my parts combined for this chassis in one picture. All is not visible as i didnt had time to search them from my library. But the progress is pretty good, this model should print out nicely.

The whole custom rear end package will be:

- Custom rear chassis plate (i doubt that the RB6 rear chassis plate wont fit, but i will ofc test it first).
- RB6 gearbox, ball or gear diff, with plastic or aluminum idler gear and aluminum input axle.
- RB6 slipper system, if the ST:s spur gear quick release system cannot be 3D printed.
- Longer than stock dog bones (because the stock ones are too short for the narrower RB6 diff output axles).
- Im not exactly sure about the motor mount plate. I think it needs to be custom made from 2mm aluminum plate but we will see once the parts arrive. You could ofc use the stock RB6 motor plate.

Im also ordering the RT6 suspension arms to see what mods are needed to be made to make them work as a replacements for this chassis, as the original ST:s arms are getting harder and harder to find. Because the RB/SC/RT front bulkhead hinge pin measures the same 40mm width than the ST, its easy to modify my bulkhead design to make them fit. Those will be great replacements on the front. I dont know about the rears yet, as the whole suspension arm mounting is different in RT6.

Last edited by HiTec90; 06-21-2020 at 02:17 PM.