RCU Forums - View Single Post - Introducing the TopRC Model Hawker Hunter - New Scale Jet
Old 06-24-2020, 04:05 AM
Pull Up Now!
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ECalderon
Hi,
I believe Dave is refering to the wing tanks. With respect to the aluminum tubes, the two thicker ones are supposed to be glued to the wing, and when attached to the fuselage they are clamped by a clamp installed in the factory. For this a hole must be drilled in the bottom of the fuselage to access the screw to tighten the clamp.

Regards
Eduardo
Doh! I never thought about the WING tanks. I bet removing them even made it more nose heavy. I actually have two Hawker Hunters, one is a smaller Century Jets version, and the other is the TopRC, which I have not started yet. I compared the recommended CG from both companies, and once scaled they are almost both the same. The Century Jets is the one I'm balancing, otherwise it's done. It came with no fuel tank, so I had to make my own. Anticipating the weight shift, I designed an unusual long tank to minimize it. The fat part in front is between the two intakes, and the long tubular section extends aft of the intake bifurcation. So, I used Solidworks to design the plug and also to calculate the CG of the tank alone. Using that location, I placed a weight on the plane during balancing to simulate 1/2 tank load and then proceeded to balance the plane. This resulted in almost 10oz less nose weight than balancing empty. Here's a couple pics of the whole process.